Hola Readers, Familia, Friends and those that enjoy an occasional peek! Everyone is welcome here! I know that for the past couple of weeks, I've been focusing on healthy dishes and I'm still focused. However, this week I stumbled upon a recipe I could not resist! Besides, isn't it all about portion size too!? I say yes and this week I am splurging because I find nothing wrong with that!
As I was saying, I stumbled upon this week's recipe over at The Tasty Fork. From what I found, Meghan enjoys making time for home cooked meals and by the look of her meal presentation, the girl can cook!
Shrimp Quesadilla with Spicy Mango Salsa
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 20 cooked shrimp, tails removed
- Cumin, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 tortillas, burrito size
- 2 cups mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla Chips
- Saute over medium heat oil, onions and garlic. Stir and cook until onions are soft. Add tomatoes and corn, cook for 1 min. Add shrimp, cumin and salt. Cook for 1 more minute.
- In a clean skillet, place tortilla in pan. On one 1/2 of the tortilla, sprinkle cheese & shrimp & veggie filling. Add a dash of cilantro and more cheese on top. Fold the empty half over the filling. Cook for 3-5 minutes and flip. Brown the other side of the tortilla for 3 minutes. Slice into triangles and serve with salsa and chips.
- To make Spicy Mango Salsa – Add mangos and the next 5 ingredients into a bowl. Add a dash of salt and taste. Serve right away or store in an airtight container.
You could read more about Meghan and her recipes over at her lovely blog The Tasty Fork!
Enjoy it people! And make sure to come back here and to Meghan's to share just how tasty it was!
D e l i c i o s o !
LOOKING AHEAD later this week:
25 Things Fat People Shouldn't Do - Tackling a few more ridunkulous challenges!
Friends, Fashion and Inspiration! - Sharing more lovely outfits with mi Amigas!
January Amor - Meet the Sponsors! - The awesome lovelies! In what order is yet to be seen ;)