|Artwork is partial image from My Darkness Collection (full post to follow)|
HOWEVER, I do have an idea cooking in mind. Well, it's actually an idea that was put on the back burner and today my new friend Nadia "coincidentally" buzzed my extension and said "you know I was thinking about your blog last night and I think it's a good idea if you had a recipe-of-the-week post linking back to the source." That's exactly what she said, to which I thought was superdeeduperdee suhweet that someone was thinking about my blog (means I must be doing something right). So I took it as a sign to start a weekly series I will respectively name "Recipe of the Week". Do y'all remember Nadia? I mentioned her on a post a few weeks ago, here she is...
Yea, that's her eating. Although she is into healthy eating, I don't quite think it was a healthy meal she was eating in this picture, but if you read the post you'll know she wasn't quite herself that day ;) Anyway, as a token of appreciation, here is my first recipe of the week and in her honor.
Ingredients 4 white flat bread
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
1 tablespoon fresh sage
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
4 frozen fully cooked spicy sausage links
16 pepperoni slices
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flat bread on large baking sheet.
- Wash tarragon and sage and pat dry. Remove any tough stems and chop finely to measure 1 tablespoon each. Place in small mixing bowl.
- Add pizza sauce and mix well. Divide and spread on each pizza crust up to 1 inch from border. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Italian cheese per pizza.
- Cut sausage into 1/4-inch slices. Divide and place on pizzas. Place 4 pepperoni slices on each pizza.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon feta cheese on each pizza and bake 15 minutes. Serve.
Ingredients 1 medium cucumber
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
1 (8-ounce) bag shredded lettuce
1 (4-1/4 ounce) can chopped black olives (drained)
8 pepperoncini peppers (drained)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup Greek feta dressing
- Wash cucumber and tomatoes. Cut ends off cucumber. Slice into quarters lengthwise, then dice into bite-size pieces.
- Place lettuce in salad bowl and layer in the following order: cucumber, tomatoes, olives, peppers and feta cheese.
- Drizzle dressing over top of salad. Toss, if desired, and serve.
D e l i c i o s o !